Sarah Silverman is friggin hilarious, and damned smart, and I guess that’s how she figured out a great way to comment on the rape debate in a way that points out the douchebaggery involved in the male side of things. She did so by posting this:
- Don’t put drugs in women’s drinks.
- When you see a woman walking by herself, leave her along.
- If you pull over to help a woman whose car has broken down, remember not to rape her.
- If you are in an elevator and a woman gets in, don’t rape her.
- When you encounter a woman who is asleep, the safest course of action is to not rape her.
- Never creep into a woman’s home through an unlocked door or window, or spring out at her from between parked cars, or rape her.
- Remember, people go to the laundry room to do their laundry. Do not attempt to molest someone who is alone in a laundry room.
- Use the Buddy System! If it is inconvenient for you to stop yourself from raping women, as a trusted friend to accompany you at all times.
- Carry a rape whistle. If you find that you are about to rape someone, blow the whistle until someone comes to stop you.
- Don’t forget: Honesty is the best policy. When asking a woman out on a date, don’t pretend that you are interested in her as a person; tell her straight up that you expect to be raping her later. If you don’t communicate your intentions, the woman may take it as a sign that you do not plan to rape her.
Massive douche tip: Like Sarah says, don’t rape anybody!